Tale Waggers are coming!

March 29, 2013

Read to the Dogs

We will be having our Tale Waggers program in April and hope all of you will join us to read to the dogs! Bring a favorite book or pick one of ours to share with some furry, loving friends from Love on a Leash. Parents, this is a perfect way for your reluctant readers to practice their reading. Registration for the program begins Monday, April 1 and if you want to sign up please click HERE. Here are some reviews on dog and cat books that I think you will enjoy. I can’t wait to go home and read to my tail wagger Ruby, she loves to be read to.

Bill Peet           The Whingdingdilly          5 Star ReviewThe Whingdingdilly

Reviewed by Rachel          Age 5

The book was sad. The dog wanted to be a show horse that everyone could love. So he ran away and the witch turned him into a Whingdingdilly. He ended up in a circus and very sad….. But the witch changed him back into a dog, and then he ran back home and was very happy. I liked this story alot even though the dog was sad, he was glad at the end.

Touch and Feel Puppy          5 Star ReviewTouch and Feel Puppy

Reviewed by Keegan & parent          Age 1

We love this book because it has spots you can touch. The puppies and kittens are so cute. They make me laugh. I love the puppies and kittens because they are just pictures and they cannot lick me!

Peg Kehret          Runaway Twin          5 Star ReviewRunaway Twin

Reviewed by Ben         Age 10

The scariest part of the book was when Sunny and her dog Snickers got caught in a tornado. I think my friends should read this book because it proves that if you put your mind to something, you can always get it done. I would like to meet Charley because he seemed to be so nice and treats animals well. I recommend this book for people who like happy endings and adventure.

Erin Hunter            Dark River           5 Star ReviewDark River

Reviewed by Claire            Age 11

This book is about 3 young apprentices in training to become Thunderclan warriors. Step into the paws of Jaypaw, Hollypaw and Lionpaw and experience the thrill of hunting, fighting and mysteries.

Phyllis Reynolds Naylor          Shiloh          5 Star ReviewShiloh

Reviewed by Chance          Age 9

The book was about a kid named Marty. One day when Marty was on a walk he found a dog when he passed Shiloh school. He named the dog Shiloh. When his dad found out, he knew he would have to return him to Judd but after Shiloh was attacked he saved up enough money to buy Shiloh. The end.

Cynthia Rylant          The Old Woman Who Named Things          5 Star ReviewThe Old Woman Who Named Things

Reviewed by Isabella          Age 7

The old woman named a stray dog Lucky. She named everything! I really liked this book and wonder what she would have named many things? I would like to meet Lucky!

Sandra Boynton          Snuggle Puppy          5 Star ReviewSnuggle Puppy (a love song)

Reviewed by Allison          Age 6

I love this book because my mom reads it to me because she loves me. It takes a lot of people loving each other. The animals in the book are sooo cute, I love this book and my mom.

Nick Bruel          Bad Kitty Gets a Bath          5 Star ReviewBad Kitty Gets a Bath

Reviewed by Quinn          Age 9

Bad Kitty hates taking baths! The owner hates how Bad Kitty cleans herself. So the owner gives Bad Kitty a real bath. Bad Kitty was trying to hide. I liked Bad Kitty and really liked this story!

Jane O’Connor          Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy          5 Star ReviewFancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy

Reviewed by Jackie          Age 9

I like this book because there is a happy part where Nancy gets a dog and I think that part was happy. My friends should read this book because it’s happy and I think that they would like it. I would like to meet Nancy because she sounds like FUN!!!

Eric Litwin          Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes          5 Star ReviewPete the Cat I Love My White Shoes

Reviewed by Jenna         Age 6

I like the book “Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes”. I like all the colors in the book. It is an easy book to read. I like when Pete the Cat sings, it is funny.

Frances E. Ruffin          Police Dogs          5 Star ReviewPolice Dogs

Reviewed by Justyn           Age 10

I think this book is great. It ‘s great for kids who are interested in the K9 unit. It gave me a whole new view of K9 units. I think my favorite part was a night time chase.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope to see you at the Tale Waggers program. Be sure to check out our new Library Catalog with the new YOUR ACCOUNT. LOVE IT!

Entry Filed under: Uncategorized. Posted in  Uncategorized .

3 Comments Add your own

•    Kristen  |  July 18th, 2013 at 5:04 am     

On my son’s Dig into Reading form it says something about doing a Computer Quest. It only says accessed from the library website. I can’t seem to find any webquests. Could you please guide me to them? Thank you.

•    Kristen  |  July 18th, 2013 at 5:06 am     

Nevermind. I just found it! Thanks anyway though! For anyone else, it’s on the first page of the reading program. It’s a small square in the upper right-hand corner.

•    scccldkidsclick  |  July 18th, 2013 at 9:58 am     

Glad you found it Kristen. Hope everyone finds our Computer Quest and learn more about what the library has to offer. Thanks for commenting and have your child leave a book review of their favorite book this summer on our blog. Have a great summer!